What is JA JobSpark Virtual?
JA JobSpark Virtual is a coalition of educators and industry leaders, led by Junior Achievement of Southwestern Indiana. At the center of our work is a two-day virtual career exploration event designed to launch students into their futures: high school, post-secondary education/training, and careers beyond.
• Thousands of 8th-12th grade students will participate from school districts across southwestern Indiana.
• Formally integrated into school curriculum.
• Interactive showcase of careers from our region.
• Virtual exhibitor booths allow sponsors to feature on-the-job videos, live industry Q&A's, live industry demonstrations, and downloadable career information.
• Students will have 24/7 access to the JA JobSpark Virtual platform after live virtual event.
• Option to add recorded presentations and videos throughout the year for expanded 24/7 student access.
Why JA JobSpark Virtual?
Most students do not have access to learn and explore first-hand southwestern Indiana industries. JA JobSpark Virtual will offer students the opportunity to learn about careers from industry representatives in time to begin planning for their high school course work and better prepare them for life after high school graduation. For businesses, higher education, and apprenticeship programs, this is an opportunity to participate in building southwestern Indiana's future workforce.
Industry Clusters Include:
Advanced Manufacturing, Engineering, & Logistics * Agriculture, Food, & Natural Resources * Architecture, Engineering, & Construction * Business, Finance, & Marketing * Government, Law, & Public Service * Health & Life Sciences * Hospitality, Tourism, & Arts * Information Technology