Do you love working on behalf of children, fostering their growth and development? Do you want a job that is challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact tens of thousands of youth each year? Focusing on our three Pillars of Student Success: Entrepreneurship, Work Readiness and Financial Literacy, JA staff enjoy a culture of mutual respect and co-worker camaraderie.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships is a transformational leadership role within the JASWIN office, managing a portfolio of existing investors and strategic partners and creating a pipeline of new investors and partners. The position is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of stakeholders to support the mission of JASWIN, and conducting face-toface solicitation and generating written proposals and reports for all revenue line items including corporations, foundations and individuals. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic team player who thrives on building relationships and connecting passion for mission through financial investments and philanthropic gifts to advance the organization’s impact.
Works collaboratively with the JASWIN team to execute an integrated resource development plan that aligns with the strategic
vision and direction of the organization.
• Accountable for understanding and effectively using project management models to guide attainment of growth goals and
sustainability. In collaboration with Senior Manager Finance and Operations, develops department’s annual operational plan
for presentation to CEO. With input from the leadership team, develops: revenue goals; fundraising strategies and tactical
actions for all revenue line items; priorities and timelines for revenue deliverables. Presents monthly and quarterly updates to
• Accountable for understanding the principles of strategic planning. Collaborates with board and leadership team to develop
organization strategic plan. Subsequently responsible for communicating organization strategic plan and growth goals to
departmental staff. Understands programs side of financial contribution to organization.
• Accountable for understanding that the JASWIN’s mission objectives drive and inform necessary collaboration and ongoing
communication with Impact Staff and Senior Manager Finance and Operations from strategic overview to translation into line
item data. May be called upon to develop, cultivate, and steward high level Education partner relationships.
• Responsible for researching and identifying companies, foundations and individuals whose interests and priorities match those
of the organization. Develops budget, prospect lists and investment probabilities, as well as departmental annual calendar,
including timetables, procedures, responsibilities, accountabilities. Tracks monthly, quarterly and annual progress to goals.
• Develops organization marketing plan informed by impact department goals and aligned with fundraising strategies in
collaboration with CEO. Plan should include organization collateral, social media, electronic newsletters, annual report, and all
other forms of communication. Responsible for oversight of plan implementation.
• Manages members of the Development team. Responsible for team’s training, development and performance management
ensuring retention of a high-quality staff. Invites shared leadership with departmental staff; that is, communicates that each
team member’s functional role contributes to the organization’s success. Responsible for creating ownership pride for each
departmental staff position along with the understanding that each departmental staff member positively influences
stakeholders to join and contribute to the organization’s mission.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• College degree preferred.
• Minimally 2 to 4 years in project management with supervisory experience preferred.
• Minimally 2 to 4 years of experience in sales, account management or similar client-facing role preferred.
• Purpose-driven individual committed to making a difference.
• Independent thinker with collaborative problem-solving approach across the organization.
• Natural ability to foster and grow relationships.
• Eager to pursue new partnerships to facilitate community impact.
• Expert at juggling dozens of competing demands and managing limited time.
• Literacy in Microsoft Office suite.
• Experience with customer relationship management systems and/or BCRM helpful.
At Junior Achievement of Southwestern Indiana, we consistently exemplify to each other and to all stakeholders the following
interdependent values and associated behaviors. The bedrock for the successful achievement of the JA mission on an everincreasing basis is a commitment to safeguarding a sound behavioral culture that unleashes our best ideas for the benefit of all
stakeholders and the community at large.
• We act with trust, integrity, accountability, and honor in every interaction with each other and our stakeholders no matter
the circumstance or situation.
• We operate with a growth mindset and are role models of the sound economic principles we impart to students. We
believe every transaction with every stakeholder holds within it the possibility that through our programs one more student
has the opportunity for greater economic success and one more teacher has an effective set of tools to launch a student’s
• We are responsible, independent thinkers while realizing the synergies of teamwork create a multiplying effect of sound
ideas. We practice collaboration. We solve challenges in a rational, facts-based manner. We come to any decision-making
or problem-solving table prepared to genuinely participate. We invite an understanding of each other’s perspectives and
work through our differences with the goal of doing what is in the best interest of our organization as opposed to any one
individual or group.
• We enjoy open, candid, and non-malicious discussions to increase the quality of work efforts, stimulate creativity and
efficiencies and respect the human spirit. Gossip, negativity, breaches of trust, blaming, fault-finding, or making excuses
erode our culture and are not tolerated for any reason because these behaviors diminish the organization and our collective
well-being. We practice critique as opposed to criticism. We critique at the beginning, during, and at the end of any process,
event or planning session. We actively seek suggestions for continuous improvement.
• Each staff member strives and achieves professional development by working to grow in skill, knowledge, and maturity. We
have a responsibility to pursue development in order to effectively serve all stakeholders.
• Attitude is everything at Junior Achievement of Southwestern Indiana. Believing in the best in ourselves and others is an
inherent part of who we are and is a crucial part of our mission. We positively influence our work environment, both
internally and externally. “It is not in my job description,” does not exist at our organization. As team members, there is no
task we are unwilling to do.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: sit,
walk, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, continually required to talk or hear, occasionally required to bend, lift, or
climb, frequently required to lift and carry light weights (25-50 pounds), and specific vision abilities include: close vision, distance
vision, and ability to adjust or focus.
BACKGROUND CHECK: This position is subject to the successful completion of a background check / verification of educational
credentials contained in resume.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship. JASWIN
is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation,
or national or ethnic origin.